Re: Off-topic question no LBC/Now Commute

To: <ZoboHerald@aol.com>, "\"Randall\"" <tr3driver@comcast.net>,
Subject: Re: Off-topic question no LBC/Now Commute
From: "Terry Smith" <terryrs@adelphia.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 18:48:38 -0400
> I would have said it's more a function of increased traffic volume. I've
> lived in the same house now, and taken the same route to the same job now,
> for over 17 years, during which time my commute time has increased from an
> average of a bit under 30 minutes in 1988 to over 35 minutes now.
>
> --Andy Mace

My worst commute was from Petaluma, CA to San Francisco, on a Yamaha 650
motorcycle with junkyard tires, when a woman in a bathrobe, curlers, and
driving a station wagon began weaving in her lane.  As I pulled closer to
inspect what her issue might be, I discovered her throwing up into her hand
and throwing it out her open window, ...at me behind her.

Best commute:  Past 20 years in rural New Hampshire.  1.5 hours per day.
New England forest.  Wild turkeys, coyotes, moose, red fox, and once, in my
'70 Datsun 2000 roadster with the top down, rode directly under a low-flying
eagle for 300 yards.  We have a bumper sticker in New Hampshire:  "I brake
for moose."  It's a good idea.

I have discovered in life, nature beats vomit any day. ...But that's just
me.

Terry Smith
TR3A  TS 58667