overgrown spring pan

To: "triumph list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: overgrown spring pan
From: "Paul Dorsey" <dorpaul@negia.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 19:58:30 -0400
I rebuilt my TR3's front end replacing bushings, rubber, etc.  Now I am having
trouble reassembling the lower wishbone arm's tight enough so that the spring
pan will mount up to the lower wishbone arms.  The two studs on the lower
wishbone arms only lack 1/8" from being close enough so that the spring pan
can go in the two holes on the engine side of the spring pan.
    I've taken the sequence of nylon washers, star-studded disc's, etc. apart
several times making sure I put them back exactly as the Moss diagram shows.
I've also tightened, and even over-tightened the fulcrum and truunion pins and
have moved the whole assembly up and down with no success.  Any suggestions as
to what gives?

Thanks, Paul Dorsey
60 TR3A