Lifestyle or Leak?

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Lifestyle or Leak?
From: "Crouter, Bruce CIC" <BCrouter@cicorp.sk.ca>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 08:30:20 -0600
Hello everyone.  I have a 1975 TR6 daily driver that is nearing the end
of a 10 year rolling restoration.  When I drive the car even a few
blocks my clothes pick up a strong smell of exhaust.  There are no
obvious cracks or leaks in the exhaust system.  I did find that there
was air flowing from the trunk into the cab so I resealed the trunk lid
and actually sealed off the area in front of the gas tank.  That only
helped a little.  I drove a TR7 for 10 years and didn't have this
situation.   Is this just something I should get used to or should I
keeping looking for exhaust leaks?  I was hoping other TR6 owners would
smell their jackets for me!  Thanks

Bruce Crouter

Saskatchewan, Canada