Fuel Filter Purging

To: Triumph Email List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fuel Filter Purging
From: John & Patricia Donnelly <pdonnel1@san.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2005 19:17:55 -0700
Today, I decided that it was time to change the fuel filter. It was
looking pretty ugly anyway, so, off to the parts store. Feeling like it
was time to splurge a little I bought the cool looking Pyrex see-thru
filter with the replaceable element. Shiney chrome, it'll jazz up the
engine compartment. $11.50 plus tax. It better be good.

Anyway, I installed it and primed the line with the hand lever. The
filter never totally evacuated itself of air, even after running the
engine for a spin around the block. I checked the installation
instructions but there wasn't anything about purging the air.

So, do I need to  purge the air? And what if it comes back?

Johnnie
'67 TR4A
'71 P1800E