Re: Fuel Filter Purging

To: "Triumph Email List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Fuel Filter Purging
From: "Paul Willoughby" <paulwillou@socal.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 07:01:46 -0700
I'll third that opinion.  Those filters don't ever seem to fill up completely.
they seem to always have a little air in them.

I was recently warned not to leave it resting on the intake manifold of my 302
V8.  Seems the vibration against the metal (or possibly the heat?) caused the
filter to leak fuel in some poor guys motor.   Don't remember if his car
burned up or not, but I now keep both my TR3 and TR4 filters suspended away
from potential problems.

paulw