2,000,000 mile car

To: "triumph list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: 2,000,000 mile car
From: "Paul Dorsey" <dorpaul@negia.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 22:37:48 -0400
How can you say that?  My man, 2 million miles that's 80 trips around the
globe!  (At 25,000 mi at the equator.)
A car's first function is to get humankind from point A to point B.  2 million
is quite a spread apart!

Of course, it's not your car of choice.  And I doubt if the guy was out to
prove anything for the first 15 years of his 40 year trip.
It's like someone talking about the benefits of running and including the
longest or furtherest anyone has ever run!  Why would you then say, "oh, it
doesn't prove anything".

Just another piece of automotive trivia.
Rant mode-off

Thanks,
Paul Dorsey

> Volvo?  In NYC? Is that a tug on my leg I feel?

Doesn't prove anything, but he's been in the newspapers too.  Volvo even had
a celebration for him a few years back.  As I recall, the story is that he's
a traveling salesman and frequently drives coast to coast.

Randall