RE: Breaking In An Engine

To: "'Dave Connitt'" <dconnitt@fuse.net>,
Subject: RE: Breaking In An Engine
From: "R. Ashford Little II" <70TR6@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 10:20:15 -0400
I was watching an episode of Dream Car Garage one day and it dawned on me
that I never heard those guys talk about, describe or otherwise mention any
break-in procedures on the cars they rebuild.  So I sent an email to the
show and asked about that.  I got a reply, that I apparently deleted, and
basically he (the big guy) said that they follow the cam procedure, but
after that they pretty much let it rip.

I'm not condoning this, but at the same time, the cars they have been
rebuilding - Cobras, Cuda's and such - are high dollar cars and I'm sure the
owners aren't looking for an engine that blows up a few miles down the road
either.

What's missing here?

R. Ashford Little II
'70 TR6