Re: Engine minutia

To: jmitch@snet.net, 6pack@autox.team.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Engine minutia
From: Dave1massey@cs.com
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 08:06:09 EDT
In a message dated 4/27/2005 10:05:55 PM Central Standard Time,
jmitch@snet.net writes:
>    Second, the distributor drive gear is in 180 degress off, but I cant
> seem to get it out to turn it.  Is this because of the new cam being
> tight and should I just run with the wires moved halfway around the cap
> for a while.

There is a tapped hole in the center of the drive gear and you can thread a
(I think) 1/4-20 bolt into it and pull the gear out.  It will turn on the
camshaft gear as it comes out so turning it (you can use a screwdriver in the
slot)
to "jack " it out until it disengages from the cam gear.  In fact I've
skipped the bolt step in the past and suing a screwdriver I've backed it off of
the
cam gear and using my pinkie I've pulled it the rest of the way out.

Good luck

Dave