RE: Konig wheels

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Konig wheels
From: AMfoto1@aol.com
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 21:44:58 EDT
Hi Mark,

If the offset is the same as Panasports, I don't think you want much wider
than 6" wheels on a TR4. Wider wheels would require some modifications,
spacers,
etc. Even 6" (Panasports) run pretty close to the upper a-arm ends in front.
I currently have these installed on my TR4.

I previouisly used a set of 14x7 wheels on my TR4. The front tires would
"kiss" the inside of the fenders during hard cornering. Those wheels had a
different offset than the current 15x6 Panasports, so there were no clearance
issues
on the inside.

I don't know if a TR6 might accept a wider wheel, or about Konigs.

I do believe there is now a 16x6 Panasport that might be good for low profile
tires and oversize brake rotors on a TR4.

$55 a wheel is great! But, I'd be concerned about the width.

Cheers!

Alan Myers
San Jose, Calif.

AMfoto1@aol.com