RE: TR3 brass stop light switch multi-fitting?

To: "triumph list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR3 brass stop light switch multi-fitting?
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 16:13:41 -0700
> Thanks kg for telling me my brass stop light switch multi-fitting can do
> without that tall funky pressure-limiting 2" nut,

If you remove it entirely, the hard line from the MC won't fit unless you
replace the line with a longer one.

> however, i've forgotten the correct mounting and arrangement
> of the other holes.

There should be a bracket on the RH frame rail slightly to the rear of the
front suspension where the connector attaches to the car with a 1/4-28 bolt
& nyloc nut.  The line from the MC goes on top, through the residual
pressure valve.  The port that looks different (has different threads)
points towards the LH side of the car, and gets the brake light switch.  The
port pointing to the rear gets the line to the back brakes, the port to the
right feeds the RF brake and the port to the front feeds the LF.

Randall