Re: TR6 Choke Cable

To: dalebonn@netnitco.net, jmitch@snet.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR6 Choke Cable
From: Dave1massey@cs.com
Date: Sun, 1 May 2005 11:23:42 EDT
In a message dated 5/1/2005 8:48:34 AM Central Standard Time,
dalebonn@netnitco.net writes:
> Thanks John,
> I think you've found the problem.  Even though my car is a '73, it
> apparently had ( and needs ) the cable for a '74+.
> The PO made extensive "modifications".  There's another $45 down the
> tube.  Live and learn!

Can you send it back?

Actually, in spite of the fact that VTR includes the 73 in the "Early" class,
the 73 was the first year for the "Late" TR6's.  It had the CF engine, the
Type A overdrive (and revised frame), the newer gauges, seats, curtesy lamps,
door panels, anti-run-on system and license plate illumination.  The only thing
that differentiates the 73 from the 74 and later models is the bumper
overriders which appearently trumps all the other changes.  Concequently, the
73
SHOULD have the later choke cable.

Dave