Re: What to take on the long trip

To: "david" <dnja.rogers@bigpond.com>,
Subject: Re: What to take on the long trip
From: "FRED E THOMAS" <frede.thomas2@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 02 May 2005 06:47:32 -0400
>    It might sound a bit silly but in view of the location of digest
> readers
> all over the US and Canada (and the world), there may be an advantage in
> taking a list of all the Triumph Clubs along the way and their contact
> numbers. I'm sure they would come help you if the need arose.
> Dave Rogers
> Australia
This is the very best part in a travel kit you can have, about 10 years ago
I was traveling down to Florida for the VTR S/E when I blew the front
u-joint, pulled out the latest copy of VTR magazine and there was Don
Marshall and Walter Lanz listed for the VTR of North Florida, with their
phone numbes listed it took just one call and they not only came and got me
off the interstate but pulled a complete drive shaft from a club parts car
and I was on the road again in about 4 hours, great piece of info "Dave
Rogers" and thanks to VTR for printing our national locations, and thanks to
Walt and Don for being home :) :)  "FT"