TR3 - outside mirror idea

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR3 - outside mirror idea
From: "Bill Brewer" <bbrewer@qnet.com>
Date: Mon, 2 May 2005 06:34:14 -0700
Hey Eric,
     I made my own outside mirror mount in about an hour and it looks great! I
took the front right hand fender mirror, got a threaded union that matched the
treads (True Value Hardware), cut a bolt (about 1.5 inches threaded) to match
the union, screwed the whole thing together, ground off some of the edges of
the threaded union and mounted the whole thing through the front left
windshield stanchion mounting bolt hole. It looks like it was supposed to come
from the factory that way. It doesn't interfere with wind wings. A side
benefit is that you can adjust the mirror while driving, even with the side
curtains on.
     Works for me. YMMV.

     -Bill Brewer
     Tehachapi, CA