Re: 73 TR6 radio suggestions

To: dalebonn@netnitco.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 73 TR6 radio suggestions
From: Dave1massey@cs.com
Date: Tue, 3 May 2005 08:19:29 EDT
In a message dated 5/2/2005 3:35:58 PM Central Standard Time,
dalebonn@netnitco.net writes:
> Hello,
> My '73 TR6 is finally ready for a radio.  Does anyone have any
> suggestions?  Nothing I've seen looks like it will fit.  I'd like a
> cassette player so that I can use my XM radio with a car kit... but
> that's not required.

I bought a two shaft AM/FM Cassette deck by Jensen from J. C. Whatnot that
fit right in.  One really nice feature about this radio is that it has what is
called a "transflective" LCD display and can be easily read in direct sunlight.
 Most radios sold today are "transmissive" and wash out in high ambient light
situations.

Caveats:
1) that was about 7 years ago.  This radio may no longer be available
2) My radio mount was already modified by a PO so I have no idea if this
radio would fit an unmodified opening.

Dave