Re: Help needed

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: Help needed
From: "Kurtis" <tr4driver@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 4 May 2005 21:12:19 -0500
>I am trying to remove the harmonic balancer from my TR6 engine.   An issue
> am having is there is enough movement in the engine/drive train - even
> with
> the car in gear and chocked - so that the breaker bar acts like it is
> winding up and doesn't have enough free movement to break the nut loose on
> the balancer.

I'd suggest an impact wrench (assuming you can get one on it).  I know I had
a dickens of a time with the pulley/crank bolt on my Sprite's 1275 engine.
I managed to break the engine backplate while trying to break the thing free
with a breaker bar (the engine was mounted on a stand at the time).

I managed to get it undone in about 15 seconds with an impact wrench.

Good luck!

Kurtis Jones
Russellville, Arkansas
1963 TR4 - CT19389L