Re: press

To: yellowtr@adelphia.net, Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: press
From: Dave1massey@cs.com
Date: Fri, 6 May 2005 08:46:14 EDT
In a message dated 5/5/2005 4:59:16 PM Central Standard Time,
yellowtr@adelphia.net writes:
> Can I use an arbor press to get the front suspension bushings off the wish
> bones and to press new ones on? If so what tonnage would I need?
>
> I see they come in 1/2, 1, 2 etc.

I was successful using a 5 ton press.  I doubt anything much smaller would
work.  A 3 or 4 inch bench vice will probably work, too, but since the work is
now horizontal you will need at least three hands, probably four.

Or you can take them to your local machine shop and pay them a few bucks to
do it for you.

Dave Massey
57 TR3 (with a fresh front end rebuild)