need rims

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: need rims
From: TOMJOANNMI@aol.com
Date: Fri, 6 May 2005 09:04:04 EDT
My restoration of a 75 TR6 hit a new snag yesterday when I took all 5 rims to
be checked prior to ordering new tires. Thank God I did this now , not after
I ordered the tires. What I found was that 3 of the 5 rims were significantly
bent, one was OK and one was marginal( OK for a spare). My brother owns a
franchise that repairs alloy wheels and spun the rims on a computerized run-off
machine that can accurately measure wobble and roundness. He is not hopeful
that
the bent ones can be straightened. Steel rims are much more difficult to
straighten than alloy wheels. What a bummer. Does anyone know of a domestic
source
for steel rims or does anyone have any( that are straight ) that they would
like to sell? BTW, the "marginal rim" is one that I purchased on e-bay and upon
arrival was not as good as the picture indicated. I really do not want to
purchase alloy wheels at this point. Any help would be appreciated.
                                        Tom Miller
                                        1975 TR6 CF36713U