TR4 driving lamps

To: triumph list list <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR4 driving lamps
From: John Howard <trjhhow7@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 9 May 2005 05:47:26 -0400
Hi all

Once again my enthusiasm for vintage stuff has bested me. Via EBAY i've
obtained original in the box fog and driving lamps, the classic
"SLR" and "SFT" lamps from the 50's and 60's. They look exactly like
the repros offered by Moss.
Of course, I now discover that there is no easy installation. They
don't fit behind the bumper, where they would interfere with lifting of
the bonnet.
Moss doesn't sell a badge bar for the TR4. I could mount them in holes
drilled in the bumper, but that seems pretty drastic. I've looked for
pictures through all my stuff, and can only find them mounted on
bumper-less rally cars. But I think I want my bumper.
Has anyone mounted these lamps on a TR4? I REALLY need these things
because my wife is always asking for a drive on dark and foggy nights!
Any ideas?

John