Another J-type solenoid question

To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Another J-type solenoid question
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Mon, 9 May 2005 11:32:12 -0700
Has anyone successfully reassembled one of these, after removing the coil
from the valve assembly ?

How did you reattach the coil ?

I'm thinking of drilling and tapping new holes into the brass, since I can't
seem to drill out the roll pins (and two of them now have something hard
stuck in the middle <g>).  But I'm interested in any alternate suggestions.

I know, I should just buy a new one ... already got it on order.  But I just
hate to throw away a $200 item because of $.50 worth of O-rings !

On the same topic, any suggestions for how to adjust the coil ?

Randall