Another J-type solenoid question

To: "TR List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Another J-type solenoid question
From: "Jim Bauder" <jimbpps@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 9 May 2005 11:42:12 -0700
I am sending this to the list for a friend who is not a list member.

He has a '74 TR6 with the rubber bumpers, although they have been removed.
He also has a bumper from an earlier non-rubber bumper TR6. As I am getting
a bunch of rechroming done he thought he would throw the older bumper in the
mix and get it rechromed before he installs it on his '74 TR6. However, he
is unsure, as am I, that the earlier bumper will just "bolt-up" to his '74.

Have any of you listers been-there-and-done-that, and can offer words of
encouragement or of warning? Let me know and I will pas any suggestions on
to my friend!

TIA,

Jim Bauder
'68 TR250 (goes to the body shop today!)
Scottsdale, AZ