Re: TR3A heater faucet

To: tr3driver@comcast.net, triumphs-digest@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR3A heater faucet
From: Dave1massey@cs.com
Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 09:02:39 EDT
In a message dated 5/11/2005 7:57:35 PM Central Standard Time,
tr3driver@comcast.net writes:
> Yes, but I think you'll also need the 45 degree street ell that the TR4
> uses.  Otherwise the valve body hits the rocker cover.  And, they don't work
> all that well, takes a really strong push from the cable to close the valve.
> Might be easier to get an in-line heater valve like that used on many
> Chrysler products in the 60s &70s, and splice it into one of the lines.
>
> >Here in Phoenix I would like to be able to open that
> >valve sometimes while driving in the summer to add a little more heat
> >sink...

Or you could go to the hardware store and get one of those new-fangled bawl
valves (or whatever them's called) and splice it into the hose under the dash
where you can open and close it from the driver's seat.  If you stuff it up
there far enough the concours judge will never see it.

;-)

Dave