TR4 project car: Denver, CO

To: triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR4 project car: Denver, CO
From: Steven Newell <steven@newellboys.com>
Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 11:02:29 -0600
Actually, here's the TR4 for sale here in Denver, CO. Unfortunately I
just learned a potential new job won't happen as soon as hoped, so it
won't be *my* rally car. NFI, but I've seen it twice and the seller, who
is about 75 and a recent widower, impressed me with his knowledge of the
car and the work he's done so far. He's clearing his house for a family
tennant so it'll be in the papers this weekend. If anyone is looking for
a project, act fast. It can be driven onto a trailer so I'd be happy to
help pick it up and store it briefly if you're not local. In fact I'd
really like to do this, since it would really freak Pam out to find it
in the garage. :)

Here are the details with more in the photos I have on my web site
(below). He's asking $2750, down from $4500. He's been working on the
car for 10-15 years. The engine was rebuilt and is running, starts
easily and sounds great with excellent oil pressure. Hasn't been run in,
though it's made some neighborhood laps. Gearbox was good, brakes work
though the m/c blew a seal and ruined the paint underneath and the push
rod is askew. Interior is complete but old, much would need to be
replaced. It'd be okay for a rally car, just get some good seats. No
surrey top. Here's a page with photos, some mine and some of his
restoration work:

http://www.newellboys.com/tr4project.html

Yes, I was wearing black socks with shorts, as you might spot in one photo.

Steven Newell
Littleton, CO USA
just one '62 TR4 for now