Re: 'leak

To: sandner@worldnet.att.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 'leak
From: Dave1massey@cs.com
Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 17:30:28 EDT
In a message dated 5/12/2005 4:07:49 PM Central Standard Time,
sandner@worldnet.att.net writes:
> listers,
> i have a battery 'leak'
> if i do not drive the tr6 for 10-14 days i have a 'dead' battery.
> have been to pep-boys, and auto zone. they offer a 'green' (the switch)
> copper(?)' battery disconnect, and auto zone, a lead  (Pb) disconnect
> switch.
> both appear to work off the negative   side of the battery. the ? is: does
> it matter if i disconnect the + or - side of the battery to avoid a 'leak'?

No, it doesn't but the posts are different sizes with the negative being
smaller.  The switches I have are sized for the negative post and it takes some
effort to open them up to fit the positive post.

In the mean time you can look for a glove box light or trunk light that is
staying on.  Or maybe it's your mega Stereo!  ;-)

Dave