Re: TR4 brake restrictor valve

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR4 brake restrictor valve
From: "Terry Smith" <terryrs@adelphia.net>
Date: Sun, 15 May 2005 11:00:07 -0400
>> Since then, the brake pedal tends to stick part way up.

> The pedal return spring should be strong enough to lift the pedal all the
> way
> up, even if the MC doesn't return.  Sounds to me like your return spring
> is weak
> or missing, or the pivot is binding.  The pivot should get a drop of oil
> once in
> a great while but it seems most people don't do this.

I'm not sure of the experience of other restorers, but I did find that my
TR3A restoration project had a brake/clutch pedal assembly that was
completely frozen.  Of course, the car had sat for 30 years. It is now a
nice feeling to have the clutch/brake assembly redone, rebushed and lubed
and working freely...if only it weren't still in a tagged carboard box in my
cellar waiting for final installation when the car's bodywork is done and
back on the frame....

Is it true that if you have to whack this assembly to free the movement, you
gain TR list fame as a clutch hitter?

Terry Smith
TR3A 58667 (Body off and slowly finding youth again.)
New Hampshire