RE: TR4 brake restrictor valve

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR4 brake restrictor valve
From: "Dean Mericas" <dmericas@limno.com>
Date: Sun, 15 May 2005 14:40:30 -0400
I was not very precise in my description of the problem.  The pedal box was
completely refurbished and the pedals return smoothly w/o problem.  The
brake M/C plunger, however, has been slow to return the last fraction of an
inch, resulting in a bit of extra play in the pedal.  This goes away when I
tap the pedal and the plunger snaps up the last bit.

I took the restrictor valve apart yesterday, cleaned the internals (all two
parts), and reinstalled it.  There is not much there to go wrong, and all
the internals are metal.  We'll see how it behaves for a few miles.

Thanks for the ideas.

Dean Mericas
1965 TR4
1974 2000GTV