TR4A lower wing clips

To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR4A lower wing clips
From: "Dave Connitt" <dconnitt@fuse.net>
Date: Sun, 15 May 2005 16:30:34 -0400
List,
I am doing the final fitting of fenders and doors on my TR4A and I have run
into a problem finding the clips that go into the sills and allow you to
bolt the lower part of the wings to the sills.
Does anyone know of a source for the little clips that are used to attach
the lower wing bolts into the sills of a TR4A? I imagine they are used on
the TR4 also. I am sure I probably started out with a set that were in my
original sills but they are gone now.
I checked with Moss and they don't have them. From what I remember, they
were just a small metal plate about 1-1/2" square with a threaded hole in
one side. I think there was a slight offset in it to let you place it into
the slot on the bottom of the sill, then lock it into the sill by moving the
clip back against the sill. The threaded hole would be positioned behind the
hole in the lower part of the wing.
If know one knows of a source, does anybody have a spare one I can use to
make a set up from? Even a picture with dimensions would help at this point.
Thanks,
Dave Connitt