Re: TR3 Turn signal flash rate

To: JohnWise@alumni.pitt.edu, triumphs-digest@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR3 Turn signal flash rate
From: Dave1massey@cs.com
Date: Sun, 15 May 2005 22:04:21 EDT
In a message dated 5/15/2005 5:49:43 PM Central Standard Time,
JohnWise@alumni.pitt.edu writes:
> My left hand turn signal has a cycle time about 1.5 times as long as
> the right hand one does.  Any suggestions on what to do to make them
> the same???

That's caused by either a weak bulb or a dirty connection.  The flash rate
will change with a change in the current and if a bulb burns out the flashing
will stop altogether.  This is a burnt-out-bulb indicator.  If there is a dirty
connection the current will be reduced and cause the flashing to be slower.
Check all the connections and grounds associated with the flashers from the
turn signal switch to the bulbs.

Dave Massey
57 TR3
71 TR6