Re: TR3 Turn signal flash rate

To: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR3 Turn signal flash rate
From: Geo Hahn <ahwahnee@cybertrails.com>
Date: Sun, 15 May 2005 19:07:31 -0700
John A. Wise wrote:

> My left hand turn signal has a cycle time about 1.5 times as long as
> the right hand one does.  Any suggestions on what to do to make them
> the same???

I think this happens because the bulb has 2 filaments in it that are not
equal.  Getting the wires to the bulb socket switched will result in the
wrong filament being the turn signal and if done on just one side will
have a different rate due to a different current draw.

My *guess* is that the brighter filament is the turn signal and that
that one would be the filament that stands taller in the bulb.  Perhaps
someone can confirm this or just tell me if I am all wet.

Geo H