Radiator Cap

To: "Triumph TR3A" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Radiator Cap
From: "Francis P. Gowash" <fpgowash@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 10:16:06 -0400
Hi All,

Boy this list is fantastic! It certainly is a wealth of info for me.

Fact: I have been running with 0 psi cooling system pressure for a
while......

Recently replaced my radiator cap because it was a short depth type where a
longer depth (1 in.) was required. The cap that was previously installed was
rated at 7 psi so I went along assuming that is was correctly rated thus my
replacement is also 7 psi.

I am a little confused by the diagram in the Moss catalog which shows two
rated caps. My car is a 1958 TR3A but has a long-neck radiator. What do I
really need? A 4 psi or a 7 psi rated cap?

After installing the 7 psi cap:
1. Caused a leak in the heater core ( Although it was probably ready to go
anyway)
2. Required me to readjust all coolant hose clamps because of a leak.
3. And latest, The block water drain tap (new) is leaking.

Thanks, Fran

name of winmail.dat]