RE: Wire Wheel Spline Lube

To: spitlist@cox.net, ZoboHerald@aol.com, jpg2@comcast.net,
Subject: RE: Wire Wheel Spline Lube
From: "John Herrera" <jrherrera90@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 21 May 2005 14:43:31 -0400
>I wonder how useful anti-seize compound would be for this application?
>
>Joe

I was told in 1977 or 1978 by Dave Booth to always use silver Anti-Seize on
wire wheel splines. If it bleeds through the hub to the spokes, it will be
the same color as the spokes, and not so noticable.

I still have the can I bought then, with the applicator brush in the lid. It
started to get low and I panicked and bought a pound jar with the applicator
in the lid. Should last me until about, oh, 2080 or so.

Regards,
John H.