RE: Wire Wheel Spline Lube

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Wire Wheel Spline Lube
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 21 May 2005 08:06:02 -0700
> An article on a major North American Triumph club web site suggests  the use
> of PBC (Poly Butyl Cuprasyl, a copper-based lubricant).

It was also specified in my Stag owner's manual, along with a Stanpart number :
413317.

However, like Ed, I've been using the silver anti-seize, Permatex #133A which
according to their website contains copper, aluminum and graphite :
http://www.permatex.com/heavy_duty/Chassis.asp?f_call=get_item&item_no=80078
Got mine at Pep Boys (a west coast discount auto parts chain).

I use a small flux brush to apply it and make sure the splines, threads and
mating cones are completely covered.
(Found a bag of 36 on sale at HF for $2.50.)

Randall