TR3A Tranny Rebuild

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR3A Tranny Rebuild
From: Doug Mathews <mathews@uga.edu>
Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 13:55:21 -0400
Well,

I know have a tranny-in-a-box.  It appears to be in pretty good shape with
the exception of the 2nd gear bush(Moss part
848-580  http://tinyurl.com/aas8w) whose "hat" is broken off. So I'll be
ordering that, along with the seals and the 3 main bearings, and the clutch
shaft bushings and throw out bearings. Of course the gaskets also.

A couple of questions.....
         1. Any idea why the 2nd gear bush would break and should I be
looking for the culprit?
         2. What else should I replace while I am in there?  This is a
spare tranny that I am practising on          before I tackle my
"production" 3B one. I know there are some major differences in the
internals,       but I figure if I get my feet wet on this one and do not
drown, then I'll tackle the 3B myself.

Thanks in advance

Doug