Re: TR3a parts

To: Triumph list <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR3a parts
From: TeriAnn Wakeman <twakeman@razzolink.com>
Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 15:28:29 -0700
Edward Anderson wrote:
> We've all seen the igits who drop a GM V8 in a Brit chassis.

Yep. Rover started doing just that in the very early seventies, throwing
a GM V8 into a perfectly good TC2000, and into the long wheelbase Series
III Land Rover and calling it a Stage I.  Then before you know it them
folks from Morris Garage just had to drop a GM V8 into an MGBGT. Not to
be outdone Triumph dropped a GM V8 into the TR7 and finally even Morgan
started building roadsters with GM V8's in them.  Sunbeam bucked the
trend by putting a Ford V8 into Alpines, and this Texas chicken farmer
started putting Ford V8's into the AC Ace.  Igits all over the place
doing it!

In '99 I decided to stop bucking the trend and had a Ford V8 dropped
into a perfectly good Land Rover that usually could go 0-60 in the same
day*.

*Assumes no major head winds or up hill stretches.

TeriAnn
1960 Land Rover Dormobile owned since 1978
1961 Triumph TR3A, owned since 1986 (the new car)