su conversion/ oil blow back

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "6pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: su conversion/ oil blow back
From: "Alan Salvatore" <6parts@charter.net>
Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 20:29:53 -0400
I don't know if this is coincidence or not; but since I put the su's on oil is
blowing by the oil  fill cap and on to the valve cover and more. Very messy.
Since the su's don't have an inlet for the breather tube coming out the valve
cover; I just put longer hoses on and ran them to the ground.  Could this be
causing some sort of back draft.  Or should I put a Mr. Gasket oil breather on
the valve cover tube?
The cap is fairly new ,10 months, and I don't see anything wrong with it, so
I've ruled out the cap.
Or is this a sign of something more serious?

thanks

Al Salvatore
76tr6