Re: The latest brouhaha about VTR...

To: spitlist@cox.net, portermd@zianet.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: The latest brouhaha about VTR...
From: TR250Driver@aol.com
Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 23:32:26 EDT
In a message dated 5/26/05 10:48:57 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
spitlist@cox.net writes:

> I don't know what happened between Breckenridge and The next year, but I
> can say that I sat at a table during the awards presentation beside
> Michael Porter while held onto the award eagerly awaiting the
> announcement and it never came.
>
> Joe

Sorry Joe,
I really was clueless just coming on board at the last minute to serve as
Chief Judge.
I did my best to conduct the Concours in a professional manner. I was not a
Lister at that time.  I became aware of the rumors during the Convention of the
Daily Driver Award but really had no part in it at that Convention.
Afterwards, I pursued it with John, got it thru the VTR Board and fully support
the
whole concept. I really enjoyed giving it out to Herman last year.  His TR250
meets John's guidelines to a T.  Modified non-concours car that is driven.
Sometimes things don't happen as fast as we would all like them too. Looking
back
I wish I would have had a chance to make it happen in Breckinridge.  Wow, this
is all coming to light to me.  I wish someone would have just grabbed me sat
my butt down and said we need to get this done now at Breckinridge.
Sincerely,
Darrell