Re: The latest brouhaha about VTR...

To: portermd@zianet.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: The latest brouhaha about VTR...
From: McGaheyRx@aol.com
Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 20:59:51 EDT
In a message dated 5/26/2005 7:16:53 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
portermd@zianet.com writes:

At the  VTR national in 2001, it was good that Vern brought his LeMans
Spitfire.  But, he wouldn't even start it up for the crowd, nor would he
run it in  the autocross. I was there, and he didn't.  Vern, like many
other  members of the VTR, is into acquiring things, not using them.

Well, you really unzipped your fly with this post didn't you.

I'm pretty sick of all the negativity and divisiveness -and I was about to
start deleting all this stuff with out reading it, but I can't let this one go
by.

You obviously don't know Vern Brannon at all. Vern may have been more
interested in preserving the last remaining LeMans Spitfire than driving  it
(he has
since sold the car on the condition that the new owner in  England allows him
to drive it in the LeMans historic race) but he is very much  into using the
rest of them. You obviously haven't seen him drive the crap out  of the ex-Ken
Slagle TR8s at vintage races and I guess you didn't see him drive  the
ex-works rally TR8 in the hill climb at VTR/TRF Summer Party. You are
apparently
unaware that he drove Triumphs to work until his early retirement  last year,
he
drives Triumphs to local club events, he drives Triumphs when he  could be
driving anything else he wanted to. He drove a preservation class  winning TR8
from Charlotte to Richmond last year and then would not  allow it to be judged.
Vern has chosen to stay out of VTR Concours  competition when he could
probably win any class he wanted to. I'm getting  really sick of all the false
accusations of Elitism on this list and yours is  the most false of all.
You really don't know Vern Brannon at all - the picture you paint of him is
totally false and you should apologize to him and to this list. You are so
wrong  about this that the rest of your remarks cannot possibly be taken
seriously - no  wonder you didn't put your name on your post.

Jack McGahey