RE: Transmission synchro question

To: "Bob Rochlin" <r_rochlin@hotmail.com>,
Subject: RE: Transmission synchro question
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 30 May 2005 13:16:45 -0700
>       I'm curious if anyone has had a similar experience?  Also, could
> anything else could cause this condition beside the synchro ring?

I've not had the experience, but weak springs in the shift hub could cause the
problem, as well as using the wrong fluif.

Legend has it that there were a bunch of bad synchro rings made a few years back
... which AFAIK are still being sold by major suppliers.  Opinions vary as to
what exactly is wrong with the rings (obviously the vendors claim nothing is
wrong with them), but I know of at least one transmission rebuilder that refuses
to install "new" rings for that reason.

Randall