Re: TR4A Shift Boot

To: "Jeff Porter" <jeffyporter@hotmail.com>, <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR4A Shift Boot
From: "Gerald M Van Vlack" <jerryvv@alltel.net>
Date: Mon, 30 May 2005 16:17:23 -0400
Jeff, The two pieces sort of snap together but they don't snap into the
console, they just protrude through it. All TR4A's have (or should have) a
dash support. The boot with the leather was a replacement for the all rubber
one on a 4A and is the same as that used on a TR6. In fact the rubber under
the leather is the same as the all rubber for the 4A.
The lower boot needs to be properly oriented in the transmission cover and
then the upper boot snapped into the lower one.
JVV