who was that masked red car?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: who was that masked red car?
From: "Jim Muller" <jimmuller@pop.mail.rcn.net>
Date: Mon, 30 May 2005 20:54:57 -0400
Earlier this week my better half suggested we spend one day of
'Morial Day weekend motoring out to a bison farm in central Mass, and

that we do so in the GT6 or the Spitfire.  Who am I to say no to
that!

So yesterday we pointed the red coupe west and spent a delightful day

zooming around through some of the state's less inhabited regions.
Central Mass has an impressive collection of hills and forests.  By
Boston area standards, Leominster State Forest and the region around
Mt Wachusett are nearly empty of everything except hills, lakes,
woods, hills, an occasional farm, woods, and did I mention hills?

On either Rt 31 or Rt 62 headed toward Princeton we passed going the
other way a bright red TR6, about the same color as my GT6.  Was it
any of you, by chance?

On the run home Rt 62 was over-populated with real Sunday drivers.
Ho-hum.  As we passed under I495 I said to Sharon "Explitive this,
I'm tired of running 30-35 in stretches posted for 40-45."  So we
took 495 north to Rt 2 east toward home.  I495 is posted at 65.  The
GT6 speedometer reads a few mph high, and I was running an indicated
75, sometimes 80, but most people blew past me by another 5 to 10.
Yow, folks were in a hurry.

Still, the GT6 was at peace with itself and eager to run hard, more
eager than poking over hills at 35.  It felt like it could have run
well over 90 without breaking a sweat.  Years ago I got the chance to

drive a friend's TR250, and I was struck by how quickly it made speed

without seeming to work at it.  The GT6 is like that.  No muss, no
fuss, just go faster if you want to.

It was a great trip.  Noisy but fun.  (We ate bison steak for dinner
yesterday.)  Hope you all had a safe and happy weekend.

--
Jim Muller
jimmuller@rcn.com