RE: Troubled TR8

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Troubled TR8
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 30 May 2005 18:04:14 -0700
> Letting it warm up I notice that the lines going to the chokes are still cold
> whilst the rest of the lines are hot. Has anyone had a similar
> experience?  I am
> going to do a cooling system flush and all, should I rip into those chokes?

I'd start by pulling the lines off, and figuring out where they're blocked.
Problem *might* be in the choke housing, but I doubt it.  And my experience has
been that once it's completely blocked, an ordinary flush isn't going to do
anything at all.  They used to sell a "super flush" that might have a better
chance, but it seems it's no longer sold, at least in California.

Most likely, you're going to have to find the blockage, and mechanically chip it
away.  A set of cheap dental picks from HF will help, but it's still a tedious
job.

Randall (Haven't owned a TR8 yet, but my 1970 Audi had a water-heated choke)