Re: parallel parking by touch

To: steven@newellboys.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: parallel parking by touch
From: Chip19474@aol.com
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 17:42:47 EDT
In a message dated 6/16/2005 12:11:35 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
steven@newellboys.com writes:

> this meant I could see the cars move in and out of
> the space in front of our little car.

Steven,

I've been driving these LBC's since my first TR3A in 1966 and the threat of
serious front and rear bumper/body damage has not diminished.  In the 1960's,
these cars were simply no match for even compact American Iron (Falcons,
Corvairs, etc) let alone the silver haired set driving 60's Buick Electra's.

Now today eventhough my '76 TR6 has higher bumpers, the latest global threat
to the motoring public - the SUV - has us in jeopardy again .  So, bottom line
is, find another spot to park - preferably in a safe, off street lot
somewhere.

Chip Krout
Delaware Valley Triumphs, Ltd.
Skippack, PA  USA