Re: parallel parking by touch

To: Kurtis <tr4driver@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: parallel parking by touch
From: Ted <triumph66@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 00:02:33 -0400
I agree with Kurtis. Few Americans have any value for your car. For about
95-97%, cars are throw away items to be replaced when needed. The other mad
3-5% chat on boards like this.

As you all know, cars just keep getting cheaper and cheaper in real terms.
Throw in negative real financing rates to keep the auto and related
industries afloat and it's now wonder that Joe Public can replace his
previous pickup with a new one every five years on a very average salary.
The value of car is mostly getting from pt. A to pt. B. The beauty, grace,
style and speed of vintage cars may not be as highly appreciated in a land
of plenty as we think, even it they are near and dear to our hearts.

As far as parking, I find rare sportscars get a lot more respect in
countries where they can afford a lot less because when you don't have that
much, you appreciate it a whole lot more. It rather forces you to admire
rarity and beauty.

As for parking and driving reality here's what I find funny but deathly
true. Our cars have become much, much smaller on a relative scale from their
halcyon days in the 60s-70s. As as kid, people could see us in a TR or MG,
today with SUV and trucks, you hardly exist on the road in a TR.

On a personal note, congrats Steve to you and your wife. I've been rather
busy these days up in Happy Valley and Philly. Please give me a shout so we
can arrange for Arts Fest when you and the Newells come to town.

All the best and safe driving and parking to all,

Ted

--
T.L.L.
1966 TR4A CTC 73139 LO