RE: tachometer

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: tachometer
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 2 Jul 2005 10:06:33 -0700
> Nope.  Pretty dern close.  Certainly not 1700.  Not even with overdrive.

Well, yeah ... I figured that went without saying.  Even throwing in 3.45 gears
wouldn't get down to 1700.

My (poorly stated) point was to have all your ducks in a row, before yelling at
the rebuilder that he did a lousy job.

> BTW the difference in circumference between 165/80 and 185/78 tires is less
> than 10%

But I would expect a freshly rebuilt tach to be within 5% ...

I can't recall the details offhand, but isn't there a 6-pot Triumph that uses a
different tachometer drive ratio than the TR6 ?  Something like the GT6 with a
Delco dizzy ?  Wonder if there's any chance Chuck has the wrong parts ?

Randall