RE: Tach cable problem on 250

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Tach cable problem on 250
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 2 Jul 2005 10:49:54 -0700
> We hooked the new cable to the tach. If we try to turn the distributor
> end of the cable by hand, it won't turn. Should it be this hard?  We're
> thinking not. (The cable turned easily out of the car.)  Is something
> wrong?

Yup, should turn easily.  With the history you gave, I'd guess your tachometer
head has seized.  There have been stories of new cables being too long though,
so that might be the problem.

>  Ideas for fixing?

Just to be certain, cut off a small portion of the inner core of the old cable,
and use it to try to turn the tach (or use a small screwdriver).  If it still
binds, you'll need to repair/replace the tach.

Randall