Re: Tach cable problem on 250

To: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Tach cable problem on 250
From: Roger Elliott <elliottr@rmi.net>
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2005 20:00:11 -0500
I just wanted to report on the tach cable and tach that my wife Pat
inquired about.  I pulled the tach out of the car and took it apart
using the info from Tony Rhodes site.  The tach was definitely frozen.

While I could not get the needle off so that I could remove the front of
the tach I separated it at the drag cup and the magnet wheel.  Then I
sprayed it alternating with both WD-40 and Liquid Wrench.  Cleaned some
gunk out of mechanism found a small sliver of metal that looked like it
was caught beneath the worm gear.  After working on it for awhile
everything seemed to free up.

While we haven't tested it yet, I trust it is going to be okay.

Thanks,

Roger Elliott