Re: TR2 pos ground

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR2 pos ground
From: "Wayne Lee" <motorcarriage@charter.net>
Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2005 23:12:44 -0400
> William Scherer wrote:
>
>> Picked up the TR2 from the body shop, and drove it over to my Dads house.
>> Upon shutdown I noticed the amp meter was still showing +10 amps.  Opened
>> the hood, and saw the batter was installed backwards
>

> Same thing happened on my TR4 when the PO put in a new battery and
> converted it to negative ground by brute force.  Amazingly nothing,
> including the original + ground radio, was damaged.  Your ammeter problem
> may be unrelated to the polarity changes.
>
> Geo Hahn

No, the ammeter was acting as it should without the wires on the back of the
ammeter being reversed
as is always done on a properly reversed polarity change. Usually the only
other thing needing attention
is the coil wires being reversed as well. My Land Rover Series IIA's ammeter
regitered opposite after
reversing polarity until the wires were changed round.

Wayne Lee