Re: TR6, Seats. Difference L to R??

To: dmallin@attglobal.net
Subject: Re: TR6, Seats. Difference L to R??
From: Dave1massey@cs.com
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2005 22:06:29 EDT
In a message dated 7/7/2005 8:53:09 PM Central Standard Time,
dmallin@attglobal.net writes:
> Hmmm... seems to me my TR250 seat covers are marked left and right. I'm not
> at home so I can't
> check. Maybe the TR250 is different?

OK, I just looked at my TR6 and the rake adjust lever does poke out at the
very bottom of the side through a hole in the vinyl.  Putting a R cover on an L
seat means making a new hole on the side needed and having an unnecessary hole
on the other side.  That hole will be obscured by the drive shaft tunnel and
will only be noticeable with the seat folded forward.

If the seat cover is a deal then it will work for anyone who isn't going
concours (and it will probably slip past most concours judges too).

I'm not familiar with the seats in the 250.  Are they like the TR4 seats or
the 69 TR6 seats.  As I recall the 69 TR6 seats had the folding head rests with
the actuating lever on the side of the seatback.  That would mean definite
right and left patterns unless you did them inside out.  But hey!  If Madonna
can wear her underwear on the outside, why not?

Dave