RE: TR4A Clutch on TR4 Flywheel

To: <mwhart47@yahoo.com>
Subject: RE: TR4A Clutch on TR4 Flywheel
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2005 09:15:41 -0700
>   I had this done 2 years ago on one of my smallmouth TR3's.  I paid
> $130 to have the flywheel drilled and the front input shaft cover
> shortened, because I wanted to keep the "bomb" starter and flywheel
> with the shrunk on ring gear.

It might be worth mentioning that the geared replacement starters are available
for both early and late flywheel/ring gears; and will fit into the early
bellhousings without modification.  They also allow TR4 headers to be used on a
earlier TR3 (where normally they would interfere with the starter).

Randall