Stop-Leak Products

To: triumphs-digest@autox.team.net
Subject: Stop-Leak Products
From: Bryan Reese <a241blr63@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2005 18:25:39 -0700
Howdy Listers,

Anyone out there have any experience with any of these radiator stop
leak products? I have a '48 Chevy pickup (strictly an LBC support
vehicle!) and it's developed a very small non-repairable leak at the top
where the core meets top shell. I was out today at the local radiator
shop and was told that re-coring this unit would cost more than a new
radiator: $300 v. $250. I figure I have very little to lose trying this
stuff. Or do I?

Thanks!

Bryan Reese

Pasadena, CA

'60 TR3A (started the engine for the first time yesterday)
'60 TR10 (patiently waiting to be the next project, but drivable)
'91 Mitsubishi Mighty Max (210,000 miles, brought to you by the same
company that made the Japanese Zero-- and mine looks like it's ready for
a kamikaze run)
'00 Chrysler 300M (What a car!)
and the above mentioned truck