RE: Tr3a speedos

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Tr3a speedos
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2005 15:46:56 -0700
> I picked up a replacement speedo for the '3 a little while ago. I finally get
> around to installing it. I notice the "model" number on the face is different,
> mine is a 1180 the replacement is a 1200.

Sounds like you're looking at the calibration number, which indicates how many
revolutions the speedo cable makes in a traveled mile.

>  Is there a difference I should care about?

Your replacement speedo (and odo) will read about 2% lower than the old one,
assuming both were accurate to their calibrations.  Not enough to worry about,
IMO.  Odds are that will actually make it more accurate, since it's hard to buy
tires as tall as the original ones were.

>  What is the 1200 from?

Sorry, I don't know.  Something with slightly smaller tires than a stock TR3A,
apparently.

Randall